Within SurveyMonkey Apply, you have the ability to email users from various areas within the site. Emails have been integrated to ensure communication with users is easy to accomplish and manage. This article will cover the basics of sending emails to users including how to use the tool and how email records are stored.
To access the Emails page:
- Go to Settings
- Click Emails
Within the Email Settings tab you can configure the email address that emails are sent from, build Email Templates that you will send out frequently, and customize the design of your emails.
Setting the Default Sender
This option allows you to set the email which will send all automatic responses to users. By default all automatic emails will be sent using the SurveyMonkey Apply No-Reply email (email@example.com). However you can customize the Name that the emails are sent under in order to personalize the emails to your site.
Additionally you have the option of making the email address a custom email. In order to add your own Custom Email address as the default sender:
- Go to the Emails section
- Select Custom email address
- Click on the Add Custom Email button
- Enter a From Name. This is the name that will be displayed to Users in their inbox when they receive the email. For example, your Site Name.
- Enter a From Address (custom email address). For Example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While entering the email address, the domain will automatically be populated with the domain from your email. For example, yoursite.com.
- Click Save
- A message will appear that states This email will be saved but cannot be used until it has been verified.
- Click OK, Got It in order to confirm
Now that the email has been saved within the site there are two additional steps which will need to be taken.
NOTE: This email will be used for all automatic emails sent from the site and cannot be customized for each program, however you will be able to send out Manual Emails from the site and alter the sender address through those types of emails.
When in the Email Settings page:
- Click on the Edit icon beside the email address to verify
- Underneath the email information, an Email Verification message will be visible with a warning that says Unverified Email
- Click Send Verification Email
- Upon doing so an email will be sent to that email address to verify that it will be used to send emails from the site.
- Open the Email in your inbox and follow the instructions to verify the email address.
Once you have successfully verified the Email, the Status will become Verified Email.
After changing the default email you will also need to create an SPF record for your email domain. This will need to be set up externally from your site within your own Domain. For more information on this please refer to the following article: Verify Domain SPF Record.
Once you have successfully set up your SPF Record within your site:
- From the Email Settings tab click on the Edit icon beside the email address you are verifying
- Underneath the email information, an Email Verification message will be visible with a warning that says Unverified Domain
- Click on Verify Domain SPF Record
Once the SPF Record has been correctly set up within your Domain, the Domain will be updated to Verified Domain.
Manage your Email Templates from within this section. These are emails that are pre-drafted to allow you to send them out manually at a later time without having to re-write the email. For more information in regards to this feature you can refer to How to Manage Email Templates.
Customize the look of your emails by adding your own logo to the header of the email. In order to add a logo to your email:
- Go to the Design tab
- Click on Choose File
- Select the image from your computer
- Click Save
To remove the logo in the future and forego an email logo:
- Click Remove Logo
However, if you wish to change the logo you can simply follow the steps above for adding a logo, and your logo will be replaced.
Site Notifications are commonly used emails that are sent out of the site that SurveyMonkey Apply has already set up for you. For more information in regards to this section of the site refer to our Site Notifications article.
Under the Email Logs tab you can track all of the emails that have been sent out from your site, including automated emails, notifications and manual emails. You can also manage Scheduled Emails that you have set up to send out at a specific time. For more information on these features refer to the following articles:
As there are a variety of ways to send emails throughout the site, dedicated articles have been created to clarify the process and use for each of them. Below is a quick description of each to help direct you to the article best suited for your needs.
|Manual Emails to Users||
Draft and send emails to select users. This can be done by drafting a new email, or using an email template. This could also be used to send a user their account details.
|Manual Emails to Applications||
Draft and send emails through the application. This is useful if you wish to include specific application details within the email, as this information cannot be pulled into a user email.
|Scheduled Emails||Set up an email and select a future date and time for the email to be sent out.|
Set up emails that will be automatically set up based on an action completed by a user.
For example a confirmation email to the applicant when they have completed a specific task.
|Site Notifications||Configure preset notifications within the site. These are emails that will be sent out based on common actions that every site has. You can configure the text within these emails to suit your own needs.|