Once you have created your report you can begin to add data to the canvas to create Table and Chart Widgets to display your data. This article will walk through how to add data to your report.
- How to Create a Table Widget
- How to Add a Column to a Table
- How to Change the Display of a Column
- How to Remove a Column from a Table
If you would like your data to be displayed within a table format you can do so by creating a Table Widget.
To create a Table Widget:
- Expand or Search the Data Tree to locate the information you wish to access
- Click and Drag the data point on to your canvas and drop it in place.
This will create a Table Widget and you will now be able to add more columns to the table.
For example, if we want to pull basic information about our applications, our first column to add would be the Application ID to link the values with their application source:
Once you have created a Table Widget you can add any additional columns needed to your table from the data tree.
To add additional columns:
- Expand or Search the Data Tree to locate the information you wish to add
- Click and Drag the datapoint into the existing Table Widget
- Hover over where you would like to add the column
- Release to place the column
For this example we have already added a column for the Application ID, now we want to pull the Status of the Application:
Once you have added your column to the table you can change the column to either display the value or the count.
- Right Click on the column
- Click on the Sigma icon
- Select Value or Count to change how the data is displayed
For this example, we have the Program Name and the Application ID, we can use the Application ID column to view a Count of the total applications created for each Program within the site.
To remove a column that has already been placed in a table:
- Right Click on the column
- Click on the Trash Can icon
You can also create Chart Widgets to display the data in your report. This widget type can be created either from a blank Chart Widget or by converting an existing table into a chart.
The recommended approach in creating a Chart Widget is to add a Chart Template to your canvas and then add the data points into the template.
- Click on the Chart icon in the top right corner
- Select the Type of Chart you wish to add
Horizontal Bar Chart Vertical Bar Chart Line Chart Pareto Chart Table Chart
- Once the Chart Type is selected, a blank Chart Widget Template will be added to the canvas
- In order to add data to the chart: expand and search the data tree for the information you would like to add to the X and Y Axis.
- One at a time, click and drag the data points into the X-Axis and Y-Axis fields to generate the chart in the format you selected
If you have already added a Table Widget to your canvas you can change the format to be displayed as a chart by editing the chart type from the widget settings.
WARNING! The reason we recommend adding data to a blank Chart Widget Template is because the conversion of the chart type can only pull two data points at a time (or three for Pareto Charts). If you have more than this within your table and it is converted to a chart then it may not transfer as desired.
To change your existing table into a chart: